Updated: November 2020
This page informs you of TCD’s policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and other data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with our use and handling of that data. We use your data to provide better service to our customers and also to make improvements to the way the Website works. By using the TCD Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Personal Information: Personal Information means information about a living individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or from other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
- TCD: The Catering Dept. (TCD), Operated by TCD Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 99 634 890 814). This may be referred to as “The Company” or “TCD” within this document.
- Tracking / Tracking Data: Tracking and Tracking Data Collected information from the Cookies on your device, to allow us to tailor the information we provide you.
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website: Website is the website owned & operated by The Catering Dept. at the address www.thecateringdept.com.au and subsequent child pages. This may subsequently referred to as “The Website” within this document
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
TCD collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve The Website.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
TCD collect and use Personal Information, Usage Data and Tracking and Cookies data, in accordance with state and national regulations. This may include;
While using The Website, we may ask you to provide us with information that can be used to contact or identify you. We may use your Personal Information to contact you with offers, newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from us, by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided at the bottom of any email we send.
We do not sell or forward your details onto third party providers.
TCD may also collect information about how The Website is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of The Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. Usage Data is not linked or otherwise associated with any Personal Information you may choose to provide. The tools we use do not match any Usage Data collected with any Personal Information we hold, which means that users browse The Website anonymously. We do not make any attempt to associate Usage Data with any Personal Information we hold.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Information is automatically collected through your use of the TCD website, Affiliates’ websites and electronic communications through cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites or Apps may place on your computer or device. Generally, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences such as your name and previous orders. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to gain statistical information about your usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow TCD to customise a user's experience on The Website. The information is used and disclosed by TCD for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist TCD to improve the functionality and usability of the website. You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
EXAMPLES OF COOKIES WE USE:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
the use of data
TCD uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain The Website
- To notify you about changes to The Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of The Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support and services to customers
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve The Website
- To monitor the usage of The Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- In the case of data which is Personal Information that you choose to provide, to provide you with updates, news, marketing and special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
TCD may disclose information that identifies an individual in the following circumstances:
- With the consent of the individual to whom the information relates
- To service providers (delivery drivers and outside contractors) where necessary
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with The Website
- To law enforcement agencies for law enforcement purposes, or
- Otherwise as required or authorised by law.
SECURITY OF DATA
TCD will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is kept secure and is handled in accordance with this policy. The security of your data is important to us, however it is important to note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and from time to time there may be breaches. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you wish to know what types of Personal Information we hold generally, or what specific Personal Information we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer as listed below.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Website Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Website is used.
These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually required not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third party Website Providers such as Google, Microsoft and other analytical tools to monitor and analyse the use of our Website.
- Google & Microsoft Analytics: Google & Microsoft Analytics are web analytics service offered by both Google and Microsoft that track and report website traffic.
- Google & Microsoft use the data collected to track and monitor the use of The Website. This data is shared with other Google and Microsoft services. Google & Microsoft may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of their own advertising networks.
- You can opt-out of having made your activity on The Website available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- You can opt-out of having made your activity on The Website available to Microsoft Analytics by installing the Microsoft Bing Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Google’s full privacy statement can be found at
- Microsoft’s full privacy statement can be found at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/privacystatement
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Website
- To provide analytics
- For use with marketing and other third party remarketing provider
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Website and we use different types of cookies to run the Website:
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Website is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third party cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
TCD have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services including websites linked to from The Website.
If you would like to find out more about third party remarketing & advertising, and your rights to privacy in Australia please visit OIAC https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By webform: https://thecateringdept.com.au/contact-us
- By phone number: +61 2 (0)403 777 030
- By mail: The Catering Dept. 19/566 Gardeners Rd, Alexandria NSW 2015